Tuesday, March 22, 2005

More Narita Notes

With the pictures, this might've been a helluva long post, so I'm breaking it up into sections. So what's left of The Narita Experience is gonna come first.

Like I said, we had four hours. That leads to serious boredom, and when you have someone trigger-happy like me, tons of random pictures.

MX sil

JL sil

Of course, I didn't take the first one myself.

Then Magic Hour came along, and it made everything very pretty.

Tail Tilt

Sun Behind Tail

And this is very cool. I think it embodies the nature of airport terminals perfectly.

Transit Lounge


Stupid American Kids

While eating an unagi bowl in a "restaurant" - I hesitate to use the term with any hint of legitimacy - I overheard the following. It was between two American college boys. Of course most of it was rather pointless, but there was one line in particular that stuck out.

Boy #1 had ordered an Ebi Tempura (shrimp tempura) Soba or Udon. By the time I got to my table, he'd finished all the noodles and soup. The shrimp tempura were left untouched. He refused to eat them. Which, to me, basically defeats the whole purpose of ordering the dish. I mean, he could've gotten plain noodles. He played around with the tempura in his bowl, laughing at how "weird" they looked.

Boy #2: Looks like yellow crap with a tail.

I rest my case.