Friday, November 12, 2004

The "Am" Post

Am such an anal-retentive I alphabetized my links.

Am kinda pissed that a kid actor dropped out without warning from the sitcom and now I have to wander the streets and shopping malls of Orchard Road, hoping to find someone off the streets.
Am a little amused at the fact that I'll probably be mistaken for a pedophile if I keep on staring at 15 year-old boys to determine their screen presence, but my job has to be done.
Am surprised at above-mentioned kid actor's lack of professionalism - you do not drop something because the role is too small (our guess), not when you've already come for the rehearsals and costume fittings, but whatever.

Am still annoyed that my internet access at home only worked for one morning and is now back to its default condition of being dead.

Am currently reading Yann Martel's Life of Pi, and kinda enjoying it - nothing amazing, but a good read nonetheless.
Am still hoping it may turn into something Amazing.

Am feeling very happy about the late-night karaoke session on Wednesday night, I really needed that.
Am not so happy about paying double because we were kicked out of the first joint on the pretext of there being not enough room - liars.

Am feeling this is pretty cool, and that I might try to impose such limitations on myself again - it's not that easy to start every sentence with an "am".
Am thinking I might in fact be as cool as von Trier, with his Five Obstructions.

Am looking forward to not doing much at work today because of the long weekend coming up (hooray for ethnic holidays and a multi-racial society) and probably leaving early.

Am especially looking forward to next March, when I have two weeks' leave to clear, and a burning desire to experience the Chicago winter once again.
Am looking for someone to offer to house me and possibly, a travelling companion, for the duration of the trip.
Am thinking that would probably be the easy part.

Am ecstatic and flattered Yasmin Ahmad visited this here blog and even left a comment.
Am also pretty damned pleased that my favorite scene in Sepet turned out to be the filmmaker's favorite too.

Am feeling a little bummed about how I spent the day yesterday, walking around aimlessly all afternoon.
Am not displeased about spending some of it with an old friend over coffee, even though it was in the vicinity of the Winnie the Pooh Live Show, a.k.a. Another Excuse For Parents To Throw Money Away Because Of Their Spoilt Little Kids Who Have Terrible Taste.
Am feeling kinda like an ungrateful bastard because the only reason I was wandering around aimlessly was because I was going crazy from being cooped up in the flat with my parents, and how every conversation was turning into an argument.
Am thinking this is kinda ridiculous because aren't these things only supposed to be happening to teenagers and not working adults?
Am thinking this probably needs to be in another post because it's quite frustrating trying to put everything this involves into sentences starting with "am".

Am stopping this post now because I'm getting a little sick of this "obstruction".