Monday, November 29, 2004

My Pretty Little Mac

I finally got my new laptop. It's an iBook, and I'm gradually being taken over by Apple. Three years at NU using Macs finally convinced me that they were the way to go. They're pretty, easy to use, and don't seem to fuck up as much, especially when they're running OS X. Another important factor was realizing that I'd probably spent more on repairing or replacing parts, upgrading the OS, and getting gadgets for my HP laptop than I did on the actual laptop itself. And it now has a pink screen, despite all my attempts to make it work and keep it up-to-date. Boo Windows. And fuck you, Bill Gates.

It's sitting there on the table, charging. Its little orange light glows happily. It looks content. It's also kinda scary and cool at the same time how Macs seem to have a personality. I haven't used it yet, even though I bought it on Saturday. I've only just taken it out of its styrofoam cocoon of protection, and am starting to calibrate the battery. Shit, I haven't even turned it on yet. I'll probably take a few days to really start using it. I like to ease into my gadgets.

It cost me about S$2800. Well, technically, it cost my dad's credit card S$2800. Which only means that I need to take about half a year to pay him back at a do-able rate of S$500 a month. I bought the AppleCare thingy myself though, and it cost over S$300. There, don't say I'm good for nothing. Anyhow, there goes my budget for the next half a year. Or maybe even longer, if I make that US trip in March. Godammit, I'll just be in debt forever.

I quote myself: Still, it's very pretty. I used the same phrase to describe my iPod. I think I even have iDVD on it, which is cool. The 14" screen looked back at me, blind and dark, when I opened it up to revel in its glory. The outer casing is now gleaming brightly under the fluorescents, insanely, intensely white. Ah! The light just turned green! It's all charged now. Yay.

On another note, I forgot to watch the episode that I ADed when it aired last Monday, the 22nd. If I remember correctly, I was dying from my allergies (or maybe it was acute rhinitis, which was what the doctor diagnosed) and went to bed real early. I guess I'll just have to watch one of the Betas that are lying around the office. No biggie.

I don't have to use this pink-screened monster much longer. That makes me happy.

1 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, November 30, 2004, Blogger Cameron said...

what do you mean IF you make the US trip?

HUH?

-cam

p.s. kidding :-)

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home