Thursday, November 25, 2004

I Love Pixar

So The Incredibles was pretty fucking sweet. The best thing about Pixar, in my opinion, is that they make sure they start with a script that's rock solid. I don't think they've ever made a bad Pixar movie. Even when they did a sequel, they still made sure they did it right. I'm sure most people view Toy Story 2 as at least equal, if not better than, the original. It made me cry, so it must be good (the Cowgirl was so sad).

Loved the "Danger of Capes" montage, the action sequences were hot and tense (especially cool for an animated movie, because we all know it's not real), and Edna Mode was simply a stroke of genius. I adore the way she walks on her little dinky feet in the wide shots. It's hilarious.

I saw it at Century Square, and right next to the theatre there was a good ol' American-style diner called Billy Bomber's. And right outside Billy Bomber's they had these life-sized standees of George W. Bush and John Kerry, with big transparent voting-style boxes in front of them. I couldn't really make out what they were for, perhaps a gimmick for customers to have some fun on Election Day, but the boxes looked really sad now. Bush's had a movie ticket stub in it, while Kerry's was empty. I didn't have time to put anything in them, so in the theatre, before the movie started, I wrote "LIAR" and "MURDERER" in my notebook. I intended to put them in Bush's box afterwards, but unfortunately the diner was closed by the time the movie was over. Oh well, I'll do it next time.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, November 26, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bet it must been a looooong while that i popped over, i din even noe there's a billy bombers there now! hmmm....

btw who did u watch 5 x 2 with huh?
-ww

 
At 8:03 AM, November 26, 2004, Blogger cinewhore said...

Myself. Why?

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home