Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Drivel

I happily plugged my ADSL modem into my iBook just now, and nothing happened. Of course, I forgot to install the software. Even my Windows XP laptop needed the installation CD to run and recognize it, so I took the disc out. Then I stopped, speechless. Nowhere on the disc did it say "Mac". I dug around and couldn't find a Mac installation disc. So, that means my iBook is just a big hard drive that I have when I'm home, and I have to keep on using ol' Pinkscreen here.

Had a bitch-out session about my bottom-level pay at my JC class dinner earlier, and was flabbergasted to learn that entry level civil service jobs pay almost S$600 more than mine does a month. I was the object of much sympathy. Godammit. I have a job that sounds cool even though it isn't, and I get paid peanuts. Gee, thanks, Almighty Corporation.

I didn't get any Singapore Idol tickets, so I guess I won't be making a fast buck anytime soon. Apparently they gave only ten tickets to my entire division, so lots were drawn and obviously I wasn't one of the winners. The show's tonight, and I'm seriously considering placing a vote for the Malay dude just so the bloody talentless punkass bitch that's his rival doesn't win. I know, it's pathetic.

Actually I feel really stupid and silly, and more than a little guilty to be writing such drivel when Something Important is happening to people around me. I'm sorry I'm such a whiny, ungrateful bastard.

3 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, December 01, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh oh! forgot to remind u... heard fr blueyblue b4... mac uses a diff modem one... tat's y when those singnet or starhub pple offers free modem for the broadbrand promo.. he will ask if they will swap the modem with a mac-compatible one... think u gonna spend some bucks on a modem for ur broadband liao...

-ww

 
At 6:27 AM, December 01, 2004, Blogger Christopher D. Bate said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:38 PM, December 03, 2004, Blogger cinewhore said...

Yes, I apparently DO need to get a Mac-compatible modem. Fuck me.

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home