Sunday, November 14, 2004

Bits and Pieces

So if you haven't figured it out yet, my internet connection has come alive once more. Apparently all it needed was a defrag. Hopefully this will continue to work. In the meantime, I'm blogging as much as I can to make up.

I have a confession to make: I'm a terrible bowler. Terrible as in you look at me and you think, "What the fuck is he trying to do?" I have no form, no score, nothing. Trust me, it's not that easy to play three games and get a score of 59, 77 and 60 respectively. It takes a dedication to making every shot not count, to get as little spares and strikes as possible, to continue to be shitty in the face of adversity (i.e., your friends getting strikes and spares all over the place, and someone even scoring a Turkey - 3 strikes in a row). In fact, I think I've only hit 100 points once in my entire 24 years of existence.

I had to admit that bowling was just not my game. Actually, come to think of it, nothing's my game. I simply do not do well at games of any kind, especially those involving hand-eye co-ordination. Soccer, basketball, bowling, badminton, volleyball, hell, even tossing crushed paper into wastebaskets. You name it, I suck at it. Even video games are a no-no for me, I never make it past the first stage of any game. Yes, even Mario.

But hey, at least I can make movies, no?

In other news, I've finished Life of Pi. It's a fun read, if you're into the whole shipwrecked with a tiger thing. Just started Karen Armstrong's Islam: A Short History, which is proving to be a fascinating read. It's really sad how all religions today seem to have been corrupted in some way or other by people in power, for their own benefits. It's probably one of the main reasons why I can't subscribe to any organized religion. Still, it's a remarkable look into Islamic history, and I think it's especially appropriate, it being Ramadan and all. Oh wait, that's over today.

Some movies I wanna see: Ozon's 5 x 2, Cellular, Ab-Normal Beauty (if only because it's Oxide Pang directing), The Incredibles, Clean.

Some things I wanna get soon:
An iBook.
Some nice everyday shoes, possibly from Rockport.
Some cool shirts, possibly those in colors other than white and black, which I have tons of.
Wide-angle and telephoto lenses for my G5.
A pair of slip-on shoes that have holes for my feet to air, maybe something from Adidas or Teva.
The fiery-looking New Balance sneakers that I fell in love with.

Hmm, these will probably cost me a lot of money. I might just have to spread them out. Most important is my iBook, since my pink screen is bothering me a lot.

Ooh, and I still have to get air tickets to Chicago for March. Dammit.

5 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, November 14, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u dun need a ibook. u need a desktop. dun be vain, boy.

 
At 12:04 PM, November 14, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, n i need to be reminded to identify myself after leaving vicious comments.-- meihui

 
At 1:16 PM, November 15, 2004, Blogger cinewhore said...

I need an iBook because I don't wanna desktop anymore. I wanna be able to go anywhere I want with it, and desktops are just not cool to lug around, are they?

 
At 8:40 PM, November 16, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noe. then a laptop will do. no need an ibook. u get the drift?

 
At 10:02 PM, November 16, 2004, Blogger cinewhore said...

You didn't leave your name again, meimei.

And an iBook is around the same price, if not cheaper. My brother got his for S$1900 or so. So why not? It goes together rather well with my iPod, I think.

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home