Friday, August 19, 2005

Mock, Mokken, Mocquer

Mock: To treat with ridicule or contempt; deride.
Originates from Middle English mokken, from Old French mocquer.

And every last one of these deserves to be mocked, be it in Middle English or Old French.

Image069
Huge billboard at Bugis Junction

If I was climbing a mountain and I had no oxygen, I don't think a Casio Pro Trek watch is going to help me much. If it means the watch can survive under low oxygen conditions... then I'll be dead, but my watch will still go on running. Hooray.

Image070
Notice at video games arcade in Suntec City

What if I'm in a sleeve? Does that count? Or what if I had a little boy hidden in my shirt pocket? Will he be able to enter?

The following two pictures are from the Picket & Rail branch at Suntec City. Notice the first picture. It seems like a pretty good deal. In fact, it's almost half off.

Image071

Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with the picture above. But check out the second one and compare.

Image072

Now do you see a problem?

So this butterfly table was originally free, but they suddenly decided to start charging money for it? Is that even allowed?

Image073
China edition of a Jacky Cheung Snow Wolf Lake CD, at a Music Junction in Plaza Singapura

Limied edition. Ooh. Is it some new scratch 'n' sniff thing? Mmm... scent of lime...

Now read this very carefully:

Image065
In Novena Square

Now read it again.

No matter how many times you read it, you'll realize that the sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

So the quality has an international flavor. And that same quality also has a texture. And that texture melts in your mouth. Interesting. And I didn't know you could create a quality.

The fish fingers and the calamari ring (one huge calamari ring?) below have some really unique ingredients.

Oriental Spies
Menu in a cafe at Mersing, Malaysia

So that's how Malaysia gets rid of all the foreign spies they nab - they season seafood in them. Although the calamari seems to use local ones... The fish fingers use the Oriental ones... so what about the Caucasian ones? Maybe they make curry with them?

While returning from Rawa, I bought some gum at a little store.

Tour Town Gum

I didn't know there were actually bootleg Wrigley's gum available.

It tasted like shit, by the way. Worst gum I ever had. Well, maybe except for the cinnamon-flavored Wrigley's gum.

Image064
At Chomp Chomp Food Centre, Serangoon Gardens

I thought stubbing out a cigarette on a "Quit Smoking" sign was pretty amusing. Maybe only to me, though.

Finally, something a little more sombre:

Image074
In the same Music Junction store (see above)

There's nothing amusing about it at all. Sure, I suppose you could mock it if you really wanted. But there's no denying the fact that it's pure evil, and another new money-spinning venture of the evil cult.

That last picture really depresses me.

NOTE: This post has been modified. The Puma picture has been taken out and placed with other related photos in a new post.

2 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, August 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe that PROTREK got some special function that can convert some air into O2 up there? hahahhahaha

i like that Puma one... LOL

-ww

 
At 2:41 PM, August 25, 2005, Blogger 우찌유 said...

I got one that says CITI HARVEST MAID AGENCY. But I don't have any way to transfer it from my phone to my blog. Dammit!

 

gimme some mindfuckery

<< Home